The next steps of the Order Import process involve mapping various data points from the uploaded CSV to items in your selected catalog, if that catalog is being used for order importing for the first time.
If you've already imported orders using the selected catalog, then what are you spending time here for? You can click the Use these Saved Mappings button from the previous step to bypass all the mapping madness below!
But if it is the first time, then buckle in and let's get to catalog mapping.
Before You Start: This article assumes you've already completed the File, Stage, and Catalog setup of the Order Import process. Click here to go back and complete these steps if needed.
- On each of the mapping screens, you'll see a setup similar to the one below:
- On the left, you'll see two columns: Data Point and X Mapping (where X is determined by what you're mapping). Data Point refers to the information in your CSV file, while Mapping refers to the products in your selected catalog.
- On the right, you'll see a preview of your selected catalog, along with the product codes for each catalog item. Use this preview to help determine your Mapping selections
- Our system will attempt to automatically map products based on the codes and headers found in your CSV file.
- For example, if you have a product in the CSV data - PACKAGEA - and a Package in your chosen Catalog with a code of PACKAGEA, the importer will automatically map this data point to the Catalog product.
- Check through the Mapping column to ensure all order items are matched appropriately to your catalog products or options in each step below. When a mapping has been selected, it will be highlighted in green.
- Please note, product options can only be mapped once. Ensure that you map Product and Image Options correctly.
Important: If you accidentally map an Image Option under the Product Option step the orders will not import correctly, each code can only be mapped as one type of item.
Initial Catalog Mapping
- After selecting the File, Stage, and Catalog for your order import, click the green NEXT button in the top right corner to start the mapping process.
- Map Products: Use the drop-downs under Product Mapping to choose products from the selected catalog that match the package data from your CSV, found in the Data Point column. Use the Preview on the righthand side to double-check your product offering in that catalog.
- Once your products are mapped, click the green NEXT button in the top right corner.
- Map Product Options: Use the drop-downs under Product Option Mapping to choose product options, like Backgrounds, from the selected catalog that match the product option data from your CSV, found in the Data Point column. Use the Preview on the righthand side to double-check your product options offered in the catalog.
The mapping of Product Options maps to the individual options as opposed to the product option group. The individual options are highlighted in blue within the Preview Catalog section on the right side of the screen.
- Once your product options are mapped or if no product options are present, click the green NEXT button in the top right corner.
- Map Form Fields - Use the drop-downs under Form Mapping to choose form field options, like Student First Name, from the selected catalog that match the form field data from your CSV, found in the Data Point column. Use the Preview on the righthand side to double-check your form fields offered in the selected Form from Step 1.
- This step will be skipped if no form was selected prior to mapping.
- Once your form fields are mapped or if no form fields are present, click the green NEXT button in the top right corner.
You are now complete with initial catalog mapping!
As mentioned previously, you won't need to complete these steps every time you import orders, just when importing orders using a catalog for the first time. Next time you use this catalog for order imports, make sure to click the green Use these Saved Mappings to bypass these steps.